Canon EOS R Specifications
- Weight – Body Only : 580g
- Dimensions : 135,8 x 98,3 x 84,4 mm | 5.35 x 3.86 x 3.31″
- 30.3 Megapixels
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF Sensor (5655 Focus points)
- Sensor Size : 36 x 24mm
- Resolution : 6720 x 4480
- ISO : 100 – 40.000
- Boost ISO Sensitivity : 50, 51,200 (H1) – 102,400 (H2)
- RAW Formats : RAW (14 bit), C-RAW
- Image Processor : DIGIC 8
- AF Sensitivity Range : -6 to +19 EV
- Continuous Shooting : 8fps
- Movie Modes : 4K up to 30fps – 1080p up to 60fps – 720p up to 120fps
- WiFi and Bluetooth Connectivity : Yes
- Lens Mount : RF (EF and EF-S lenses can be attached using Mount Adapter EF-EOS R)
- Viewfinder : 0.5-inch OLED colour EVF with 3.69 Million dots (1280×960)
- LCD Monitor : Flippable Touch LCD Screen 8.01cm (3.15”) Clear View LCD II
- Storage : 1x SD / SDHC / SDXC slot
- Battery Type : LP-E6N battery pack
- Body Build : Full Magnesium Alloy
- Weather Sealing : Yes
- Built-in Flash : No
- Silent Photography Mode : Yes
- Slow Motion HD Video : Yes
- Price : $2299 (body only), $3399 (with RF 24-105mm f/4L lens)
The Canon EOS R is the first mirrorless full-frame Camera from Canon – which means there is no mechanical mirror and no optical viewfinder. This makes Canon EOS R thinner and lighter than any comparable DSLR Camera. The ergonomics and button layout on the Canon EOS R feels fantastic!
Digital Image Preview
The Image Sensor is exposed to the light all the time and presents a digital preview of the image either on the Electronic Viewfinder or on the LCD Display. This is such a great advantage – it permits to adjust the exposure, white balance and focus before the image is taken!
The Electronic Viewfinder looks superb and allows to display a Digital Image Preview and additional Informations like a Histogram or other useful features.
LCD Flip Screen
The Canon EOS R has a fully-articulated flip screen which allows unique angles and filming yourself easily. The 3.15” LCD Screen looks brilliant and offers a detailed image review – the Touchscreen works perfect as well!
The 5655 Focus points cover 88% frame horizontally and 100% vertically which makes focusing really easy – overall the auto focus is accurate and super fast! The Canon EOS R is also equipped with face and eye tracking which is working excellent.
AF – Touch and Drag
There is no Joystick on the Canon EOS R – moving the AF works via Touch and Drag. By moving the thumb over the display you can move the AF easily and lock on your subject. This works really good while watching through the Viewfinder! While watching on the Display you can focus smoothly via Touch.
The Canon EOS R is equipped with a 30.3 Megapixels Dual Pixel CMOS AF Sensor (36 x 24mm). This is the same sensor like the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV. This Sensor offers brilliant Image quality and is one of the best sensors on the market!
The Canon EOS R is the first Camera with a built-in Sensor Protection. When the Camera is turned off the Shutter is closed which protects the entire Sensor from the Environment. This is genius for switching lenses, especially outdoors!
All buttons on the Canon EOS R are individually adjustable. This allows to set up the Camera your way which results in a fast and unique workflow.
On the Backside of the Canon EOS R is the Touch Bar where you can assign different functions for shooting and image review. The Touch Bar gets locked and unlocked by holding your finger on it for two seconds.
With a large 54mm inner diameter and a short flange-back distance of just 20mm, the new RF mount allows Canon to construct optics with larger rear elements and better performance!
The new Canon RF Lenses are equipped with the Lens Control Ring where you can assign functions like Aperture, Shutter Speed or ISO. This is another boost to the workflow and allows to change any aspect in seconds – even while watching through the viewfinder!
There are different adapters available – the first accessory available was the Canon Mount Adapter EF-EOS R. This Adapter allows you use all Canon EF, EF-S and TS-E lenses on RF-mount cameras. It provides full autofocus and autoexposure support along with a weather-sealed design. The second adapter is the EF-EOS R Control Ring Mount Adapter which offers similar functionality as the EF-EOS R, but adds the Lens Control Ring to the Canon EF, EF-S and TS-E lenses. Lastly, there is the EF-EOS R Drop-In Filter Adapters which remove the need to fit an ND or Polarizing filter on the front of the lens mounted onto the adapter.
The Canon EOS R is capable up to 4k Videos with brillant quality.
- 4K up to 30fps – 1.74x crop factor
- 1080p up to 60fps – no crop factor
- 720p up to 120fps – no crop factor